About Me

My photo
I am just an orchid hobbyist, trying to grow and bloom these wonderful plants. Most of the orchids are in the greenhouse, and the rest are under the patio attached to the main house.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

09/18/2008 - C. Hawaiian Wedding Song self pollination update

Since the two seed pods were visibly swelling and developing well, I decided to cut away one of the seed pods to allow the plant to focus energy on the single remaining pod. I believe that this will give one seed pod a better chance of growing properly instead of having the plant divide its resources to sustain two seed pods.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the seed pod in the coming months.

1 comment:

ischel said...

Nice blog, I really like that Chantilly Lace. Going to go on my wish list.
ischel