Saturday, September 01, 2007
The old shade fabric was not blocking enough heat from the sun so I replaced it with Aluminet.
This was cut and bordered to fit the greenhouse. And is rated at 60% shade.
I also installed an exhaust fan rated at 2000CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute)
Here's the view of the exhaust fan from the inside:
I wanted to mount the exhaust fan higher but this was the only place where it logically fit the greenhouse frame.
Here's a view of the greenhouse interior. I also installed misters that are set on a timer that runs for 10 minutes every 30 minutes from 10:00AM through 5:30PM.
An oscillating fan was installed on the ceiling on the back end of the greenhouse to help circulate the air and prevent "dead spots".
This is the shadehouse, a separate structure that houses the "outdoor" orchids, primarily cymbidiums. The green shade fabric is placed on the west and north side to protect the plants from the hot afternoon sun. I am thinking of screening the south side as well.
I will post more updates as they come up.