About Me

My photo
I am just an orchid hobbyist, trying to grow and bloom these wonderful plants. Most of the orchids are in the greenhouse, and the rest are under the patio attached to the main house.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A New Beginning

I deleted all the old posts and decided to start fresh with a new format.
The old posts were getting bombarded with unnecessary spam anyway and were severely outdated.

From now on, this blog will chronicle my adventures in trying to grow orchids in the exciting climate called Riverside, California. This part of town gets summer high temperatures of up to 115 degrees F, and winter lows of down to 30 degrees F.

Either one of those extremes WILL kill most orchids if left unprotected.

Most of the orchids featured here will be inside a greenhouse. I will be providing more details on the greenhouse in a later post.

That is it for now.
Thanks for reading,
John

No comments: